Altech ALTHC001

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mum has a Worcester Bosch gravity fed boiler with an Altech ALTHC001 control panel. For some reason the 1 hour override buttons for heating and water don't fire up the boiler. They light up when pressed, but nothing happens. The manual doesn't really shed any light on this. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
a lot more information needed, not such a thing as a gravity fed boiler, do you mean an open vent system boiler or a Gravity hot water pumped central heating boiler ? which Worcester boiler ? there are hundreds of them, post pics of everything is probably best

Hi ianmcd. It's a gravity hot water pumped central heating boiler system. The boiler is a Greenstar Ri
IMG_20191215_161318.jpg IMG_20191215_161005.jpg
Any advice much appreciated.

when you press the +1Hr on the radiator symbol does both the radiator and HW symbols come on ?

Sponsored Links
Ah! Ok, I'm happy to take your word for it. After all, I don't have much plumbing experience. That said, shouldn't the 1hr override button work regardless? When I press it I get 'c01 h01', on the screen, which I believe means central heating for one hour and hot water for one hour, but nothing happens after that. I thought the +1hr button was a one push deal, which it has been in the past, according to me mam.

yes but you have a fully pumped system, where the programmer will control either a 3 port valve (Yplan) or 2 x 2 port valves ( S Plan) and these in turn send a signal to the boiler to fire up, the programmer doesnt tell the boiler to come on directly

So does that mean there is potentially an issue with the valve? I did read on a Worcester Bosch website that there is no 1hr boost function, despite the fact that the controller has two boost buttons.

Hi folks I just joined the group but have problems with the same controller. Since the Bosch engineer was out working on my boiler, therefore turning programmer off, i am unable to reprogrammme my heating. My manual has been misplaced but Im sure if mode and select pressed at same time I could adjust times individually. Now nothing happens when pressed. Can anyone help please?

You need to start your own post if you want the correct advice, Hi-jacking another post is against site rules and for good reasons

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back