Altering 15 MM. Pipes fo metric rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I got round to buying and hanging a radiator, but can anyone tell me how they would tackle the pipes. I have some hep push fits so was planning on cutting the pipe (first pic) and rejoining. However in my head the other side is a little more complicated as it will need a bend. Should I just cut the pipe get a pipe bend then reconnect with a push fit?

Any advice would be much appreciated

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Cut pipe shorter and rejoin using push fit straight connector for first pic.

For the second pic I would cut the pipe just after the tee. Connect a push fit straight and use some plastic pipe going to an elbow to connect to a straight peice of copper coming down from the valve. From the picture it looks like there is room for the plastic pipe to flex enough to do this but if not you could use 2 elbows. Or invest in a 15 mm bending spring

Could you move the rad to the right a bit to connect straight onto original pipe? Then left hand pipe is just an easy case of taking a section out of the horizontal bit and re-use original bent section.

The job would have been easier if you had got a slightly longer rad. Then you could have connected straight onto original pipe and valve on right, and extended the left hand pipe along a bit.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
In hindsight a slightly bigger rad would have been ideal but it's sorted. I think I'll cut off after tee and see how I get on. There's probably about 20cm between the join and where it need to be. Is that enough to bend a plastic pipe. The other thing I was thinking about using is one of those flexible copper pipes that you can get from home base. Or is it just cheaper for me to buy some copper elbows and some flux and solder it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back