Alternative Hardcore Sub Base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to make a small concrete slab suitable for light footfall. Approx 2 sq.m.

I don't want to buy a bulk bag of MOT1 so I was wondering if I could make up a small amount of hardcore using smaller bags of gravel, sharp sand etc.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps, talk a little more about what you are doing, and where, and for what purpose?
Maybe no h/core at all is necessary.

I'm replacing a small section of floor in my house. At the moment there are uneven flag stones laid directly onto soil. I want to get rid of these and have a nice flat concrete base.

Cheers.

You propose to replace genuine stone flags with a patch of concrete, when others are paying a fortune to lay stone flags.

Flagstones can be quite easily re-laid to an even surface.

Whatever, dig out a little, and tamp the earth down, then lay some plastic ( black bags) on the earth and pour say, 100mm - 150mm of concrete, no hardcore required.

Please sell or give away the stone, dont skip it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies dann09. Much appreciated.

rxbren - the flags are all in my house. I think this is how the ground floor is made up. Some have been screeded over, some have some mortar under and some just laid onto the ground.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back