Alternative to Baxi Duo Tec 2 for unvented system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I posted a couple of threads on this before and had some help on here.

I have now purchased a Unvented water cylinder thats sat in the cellar. It has a high recovery 32kw coil and 400l capacity so shouldn't ever have an issue there.

My heating requirements for the house are approx 25kw, so not significant. However the cylinder coil is.
I like the idea of going for a combi boiler, the boiler is mounted in a kitchen cupboard and is closer to 3 sinks than the cylinder. Especially as price is approx the same. But i'm not fixed either way.

I'm looking for a boiler that will be best for my requirements. Budget isn't really an issue.

The most suitable boiler seems to be the Baxi Duo tec 2. 40ga. It does 34kw heating and 40kw hot water.
I like Valiant boilers, and currently have one. But cannot find anything over 30kw heating.

I have also looked at this stat.
http://www.salus-tech.com/products/thermostat/it500/

Regards
Ricky

Sponsored Links
DONT TOUCH A DUO TEC 2!!!! get the old Duotec HE 7 year warranty on em and the big plus is they arent a pile of crap with a personality disorder (often think they are LPG when on NG)

DONT TOUCH A DUO TEC 2!!!! get the old Duotec HE 7 year warranty on em and the big plus is they arent a pile of crap with a personality disorder (often think they are LPG when on NG)

are they considerably better? The appear slightly less efficient. Would I be better aiding brand completely?

You will never ever notice the difference if any in effiency so dont worry about that. Go for any brand you like but if a baxi I would go for a Baxi Platinum 40 with 10 year warranty and not mega expensive.

A well proven good boiler. Easy to get parts, covered by HeatTeam (very good) and easy to work on install etc

Sponsored Links
My favourite would be valiant as I have now but they don't have one that is powerful enough. I'll look into the Baxi platinum.

Baxi platinium is the same boiler as the duotec HEa just costs more because it has 10 year instead of 7 year warranty

Baxi platinium is the same boiler as the duotec HEa just costs more because it has 10 year instead of 7 year warranty

Is the extended warranty worth it? Or do I have to jump through hoops to get a successful claim that far down the line?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back