Alternative to Celotex insulation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for PIR or PUR insulation for our loft rafters. Does anyone know of an alternative to Celotex which is just as good.

Its expensive stuff!

Looking for 50 mm thickness.

Sponsored Links
Celotex, Quinntherm, Xtratherm, Kingspan, all make equivilant products. Small differences but basically the same. Shop around and you'll find one will be cheaper one day and on another day the other will be cheaper.

Also try looking for seconds. What you'll get is boards with ragged edges or perhaps a bit dirty, but they do the same job. If you're lucky you sometimes get them for half price.

I bought a 'dropped' bail of 8 or so sheets kingspan last year. It was half price, and the only damage was that each sheet had a crushed/smashed zone in the corner that measured around 4 inches square.

Easily sorted especially as I had to cut most of them to fit anyway. If you need whole sheets to cover a large area then I guess it's case of whether you value your time more than your money!

Gary

I bought a 'dropped' bail of 8 or so sheets kingspan last year. It was half price, and the only damage was that each sheet had a crushed/smashed zone in the corner that measured around 4 inches square.

Where did you buy from?

Sponsored Links
I searched eBay for 'insulation seconds' and there were a few companies selling it at the time. I think the one I ended up using was based in Prestigne.

Gary

i get flyers advertising 2nds but never looked into them yet.google maybe

Since pur foam boards' popularity has rocketed, there has never been a better way of removing the hard earned cash from the public's' wallet.

I also think Building control have shares in fibreglass quilt companies. There isn't a single pocket of air in a build that doesn't contain fibreglass or mineral wool.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back