Alternative to Smarfit 24h room unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

my CH and HW (tank) are controlled by a Smartfit T8617A 24h controller with Smartfit "S" system.
I would like to upgrade the main controller to have 7day (or 5/2) option and also the possibility to set different temperature for different time of the day. While 7 day controller are easy to find, ones which can set several temperature are not so.

From Honeywell the CM907 can do the above but cannot control the HW tank. The ST9400C is dual channel but will not let me select different temperature settings.

I'm looking for any options from Honeywell or other suppliers but would like to replace only display/control unit rather than the full system. Any suggestion?

Sponsored Links
I believe that the Drayton MiTime may be able to do what you want, but you would need the version with a separate room thermostat (wireless) I'm not aware of a single device that does what you are looking for, possibly because the room thermostat is normally located quite a distance from the boiler, so running all of the hot water control wires out there as well would be a bit of a pain.

You could use a programmable thermostat the type used for combi's to control just the central heating which will allow you to set the different room temperatures at different times as you request, and then swap the existing programmer for a single channel timeswitch for just the hot water. I've done this and it normally just requires a slight change to the wiring where the programmer is now.

Or you could just swap your existing room thermostat for a programmable one. In this case you would have to leave the central heating 'on' permanently at the existing programmer and let the thermostat take control, and use the hot water function on the programmer as now.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back