Alternative to strapping a wall plate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a flat roof replaced with a pitched roof and wondered if there was an alternative to strapping the wall plate down to save me cutting the plaster in the room below?

It's the one with the red dashes on the pic and it's 2.7mtrs wide. There is a timber topped RSJ close behind it which takes the main load of the roof.

I'm hoping I can fix it to the new rafters instead.

Thanks.

IMG_3617.jpg

Sponsored Links
The strap is also for stability of the wall as well as holding the roof down, but I'm guessing it's been ok so far!
It's going to boil down to what the building inspector is happy with.

If you lived in a house built before the 60's, you will find that there were no straps on plates.

Sponsored Links
Probably. I think I'll concrete it rather than just use concrete tiles.

Probably. I think I'll concrete it rather than just use concrete tiles.

Plug the gutter outlet up first, just in case they give you the wrong slump ratio. (y)

BTW, if this is not going through building control you are OK. If it is, you should still be OK as long as you don't get the keen trainee.

I'll get the keen trainee or the bitter twisted old guy, I think that all they have here :LOL::LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back