ALUK Bi-Folds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I bought 2 sets of ALUK doors in October 2018. I have had a number of issues with the doors - shabby and incorrect installation as well as one of the doors being damaged and needing to be replaced. Looking at one of the hinges I noticed the screws weren’t screwed straight - on closer inspection it seems the installers may have incorrectly installed the replacement door. On the top hinge they have used 2 grub screws top and bottom (no hole through to the aluminium metal circled in pic) into the door with a full screw going through the middle. Can anyone please help. What is the factory default for Aluk hinges ie is the grub screw supposed to be in the central screw hole and as the door panel was a replacement should they have drilled pilot holes for the hinge screws?

Thanks Chris

Attachments

• D7050DC8-B27E-4573-9879-D75559414AC2.jpeg
    D7050DC8-B27E-4573-9879-D75559414AC2.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 127
Sponsored Links
In your pic, unless I'm missing something, there are no fixings holding the hinge to the door frame?

That’s right - only the middle screw has a hole through the steel metal plate and through into the aluminium door which would normally be a grub screw? The installers when they replaced this door panel used 2 grub screws top and bottom and then a normal screw for the middle screw hole. So neither top or bottom is properly holding the door and fixing the hinge.

Sponsored Links
The pic isn't very clear, where are the grub screws? Have the hinge is hidden by the red circles :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back