aluminium foil foil radiant insulation

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hey guys,
I live in Singapore, where it's 30 degrees year round. I'm converting an attic space into a loft. I've just had the roof shingles replaced (clay) and an aluminium bubble foil radiant barrier installed underneath. My question is, would I benefit from installing rockwool insulation underneath?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Superfoils (assuming thats what it is), need space above and below to work properly.

If you can have the required gap, then any additional insulation will improve thermal efficiency -any insulation stops movement of heat in or out.

You wont get much sympathy from us in the UK becsuse it always 30 degrees where you are :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info, yup, it's a superfoil. My house will be naturally ventilated for the most part, I also got whirliebirds on the roof, ceiling fans and large windows. What I'm trying to avoid is the roof itself acting like an oven after it heats up during the day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back