Aluminum or Stainless Steel trim for laminate worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I cannot locate anywhere in the UK that sells Aluminum or Stainless Steel trim for laminate worktops. By trim , I am talking about along the front edge of the entire worktop, not a joining or end profile strip.

I appreciate that the profile of the worktop may affect the options, I suspect a clean square cut then gluing the aluminium strip on would be best... so maybe just buying metal from a metal fabricator might work - but was looking to see if there are screw or clip on options.... ideal not to cut of course. Worktop is Duropal quattro style.

Worktop not yet in situ and can be cut..... anyone know of a place? Actual aluminium, not just mock-aluminium in laminate.

Cheers...

Sponsored Links
Don't do it - it'll look absolutely awful. 30 year old MFI. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Doesn't aluminium corrode after it's been in contact with air?

I think stainless steel would be better. Those places that make industrial kitchen installations, stainless splashbacks should be able to cut it for you. Remember to get the edges rounded off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back