Am I correct in my assumption that Potterton Prima 80F a ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
In Potterton Prima 80F on the bottom of the Unit situated the COMBUSTION CHAMBER and above it is the HEAT EXCHANGER and on top of this is the FAN and to it connected at the summit above top the FLUE ELBOW to leave the system to the out.

Now I think it is negative pressure unit as the Fan is after the combustion chamber sucks out .

Here is the Manual: http://www.partsarena.co.uk/baxi/System/DATA/Dx/DS1/installation/2072/I01-2072/I01-2072.htm

Does any body can help me understand/identify with regard to if it is positive pressure or negative pressure boiler? or this Positive & Negative pressure does not apply to an open vented boilers?.

My understanding is the seal of a unit is more important in a positive pressure boiler.
The boiler is situated in the outside garage with the Flue goes out through the garage wall.

Sponsored Links
Hi Dan_Robison,
I am not a DIY man. Sorry if the question is meaning less. I am just researching about my boiler that has some corrosion on the top cover.
I was reading in another about positive and negative pressure boilers.
Mine heat only open vent and not a sealed one.
What is your understanding with regard to my Potterton Prima 80F?
Any opinion?

Thanking you.
Regards

'Heat only open vent' means the plumbing layout - it is not a pressurised sealed circuit, and has nothing to do with ventilation or combustion.

It is a negative case pressure boiler, and the outer case needs to be sound.

The aluminium inner flue is probably corroding away nicely by now!

Sponsored Links
It is a negative case pressure boiler, and the outer case needs to be sound.

The aluminium inner flue is probably corroding away nicely by now!

Thank you for your time and help me understand.

The corrosion is on the outer case on the top of the boiler. I think [I could be wrong here] the casing is so thin metel covering in Potterton Prima 80F. This seem to show signs of corrosion from fine occasionaldrible from the junction connecting the pump to the Return pipe situated just above this boiler. I do not know how the status of aluminium inner flue !!

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back