Am I expecting too much- Manrose 100T inline extractor fan?

Otherwise I'm looking at installing a vaccum cleaner. :D .
That's a good point.
Would you expect the vacuum to clear the dust if you just left it in one position?

Fans are not magic.
You have now said the tiles are so cold.
This would (obviously) indicate that there is not enough heating in the room and so any 'new' warmer air being sucked into the room from warmer rooms may also cause more condensation.

Sponsored Links
Much like most bathrooms, they are smooth glazed tiles which always feel colder is what I'm saying. The room is warm enough, provided the rad's been on.

I was expecting the humidity from the shower to be drawn away to such an extent that condensation on any surface wouldn't be an issue. This was supported by reports I read of mirrors being clear after a shower.

It's better than it was without the fan, but less than I was expecting.

Much like most bathrooms, they are smooth glazed tiles which always feel colder is what I'm saying.
It depends what you mean by colder.
Mine don't actually feel cold.

The room is warm enough, provided the rad's been on.
That suggests that sometimes the radiator has not been on and the room is not warm enough.

I was expecting the humidity from the shower to be drawn away to such an extent that condensation on any surface wouldn't be an issue.
Again, it depends what you mean.
I suspect you would like NO condensation; this is not possible.

This was supported by reports I read of mirrors being clear after a shower.
Only if the mirror is heated.

It's better than it was without the fan, but less than I was expecting.
I think you are/were expecting too much.

As long as the condensation is not running down the walls and forming puddles, and disappears after, say, 30 minutes I don't think you have any cause for concern..

my bathroom mirror does not steam up. It is close to the radiator. The fan runs constantly when the bathroom is occupied so steam does not have much chance to build up.

The dg window does get wet with condensation in cold weather though, as does the WC cistern.

Sponsored Links
My mirror is near the rad too, but as I have a combi boiler the heating stops when the shower is running.

As I said, it's better than before and as long as the mould stays away it's all good.

Thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back