Am I just being lazy here? Boarding over old wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I decided to put a new carpet and a lick of paint in the loft room. A couple of hours' work. Two days later...

ACtC-3fP3o56ZZ-2eSP5QLOE1YnbA2rp9adPEpw8N6ng8d2itnefWujxYhXzTRcYPz34vLbJzznFMV9VI8MPKYKl-srGFJxCRdtT8ukW58qrV7KkFznSSdXduCwGjtLHDi-ih_1U9Ktelte9mbU0Q6xFYyQu=w1080-h813-no

The problem was the old ceiling was sagging, and only insulated at the top. Truth is, I was concerned that there may have been no air gap at all, and mold was starting to grow on the ceiling (despite the room being vented).

So I'm going to fully insulate the ceiling, put a vapour layer in and add some vented tiles above.

My question is the exterior walls. There's plenty of room, I'm tempted to give them a fungicide wash, then batten, insulate, vapour layer and plasterboard over the top of what's there. (Think I'll be safe to block the vents then).

Or do I carry on with getting the old plaster off the walls?

Sorry if this sounds like the height of laziness, but I'm a bit knackered after pulling down that ceiling and bagging it all up. Only three flights of stairs to get it all outside

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back