Am I overthinking this temperature gauge sketch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title- i want to fit this temperature gauge IMG_20200825_200558632.jpg to the flow from the woodburner to the thermal store. I don't really need to but I've got it and I like gauges (there'll be a pressure gauge going next to it for very similar reasons).
Plan A was to tee off the 28mm with a bit of 15 going up, then along below the register plate then up to the gauge fixed to the face of the brick arch (I'll even shell out for a couple of Munsen rings to make it & pressure gauge look pretty).
First question-will I get enough heat in this up and across dead leg to indicate temperature with any sort of accuracy?
Second, its a very short pocket- IMG_20200825_200610477.jpg how can I fit it so I can bleed enough air out so the pocket gets wet, or doesn't it matter, it'll pick up well enough by conduction through the tube & brassware. System head is about 0.7 bar so suppose the air bubble will compress a fair bit...
(Plan B would be again to tee off the 28, then have temp gauge above the 28 in one end of a 22 tee, the other end of the tee into the 28 and the branch heading off to pressure gauge & bleed valve. Still can't see how to avoid a bubble around the pocket)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back