Amazon Prime Video Anomaly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seen mention of "The Killing Jar" on the movies thread.

Heard it was on Freevee. As this is owned by Amazon, I did a search and Amazon says that anyone who has Amazon prime can watch Freevee movies as part of that.

So I went to the Prime App on my TV. After searching the title, it came up but said "This device does not support a subscription to Freevee".

OK, says I, my TV is old so I will use my new-fangled Roku stick to look it up.
So, go to Prime on the Roku, search the film title, it comes up with two hits, although it says 2009, not 10. The first hit is Prime, the second Roku. So I click the Prime one and it says it's not free...huh?

So, I click the Roku one and it comes up up with two options, the paid-for Prime one I looked at before and a free one under Plex.

I went back to search for the Freevee App on Roku and it is not listed.

Now, it doesn't bother me which app I use to watch the film, but I can't understand why Prime want to charge me when it should be gratis.

Also, why I can't find hide nor hair of Freevee, but it is available on Plex.

Confusing for a bear of little brain like me!

Sponsored Links
I can't understand why Prime want to charge me when it should be gratis.

I know nothing about most of what you've posted but, daft question, have you signed into your Prime account?

For instance, I have the Prime app on my firestick but, as I do not have an account, I presume I'd have to buy anything on it on a one-off basis (or open an account to watch included content for free).
?

i use a apple tv box thing -
on the left menu - i have various - but one is
free with ads
which is freevee - renamed after an update on my box app

and it comes up on a search -
free with adds on freevee

not sure if that helps at all

now most of the films as you go through the movies section play the advert for the movie - which is OK some of the time - i suspect that can be turned off

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure that's Kosher...sounds akin to a 9 bob note!

Yes, I signed into the Amazon app, both on the Samsung TV and the Roku.

The Samsung TV showed me the free ads Freevee option but could not play the film.

I think I've had this before, on a TV, I just checked and it seems to play on a PC OK though so is a bit odd.

I have registered and signed into Plex. The film will play happily on my phone, but refuses to play on the Plex app via the Roku.

So I thought I'd play the film on the phone and cast it to the TV, but the TV/ Roku are not on the list of options. The only option is casting the audio to Sonos, but we don't have one....!

I need to do some digging.....

Getting nowhere, but I did look at the stuff you posted here.

Amazon said I can watch Freevee films from within the Prime App, so I did that, but it's still telling me it's paid for.

I will talk to Amazon tomorrow.

I have registered and signed into Plex. The film will play happily on my phone, but refuses to play on the Plex app via the Roku.

So I thought I'd play the film on the phone and cast it to the TV, but the TV/ Roku are not on the list of options. The only option is casting the audio to Sonos, but we don't have one....!

I need to do some digging.....
Have you synchronized your devices?

Have you synchronized your devices?
Tell me more!

I can watch the film on Plex and Freevee on my phone, but I can't cast it to my TV.

But trying to watch it on Amazon or Plex via the Roku is not working.

I say not working, in the case of Amazon I can watch the film, but I'd need to pay.

The Amazon app on the Samsung TV is not finding "The Killing Jar", I can search Freevee then search for it and this happens:

16788864858818329585103892849270.jpg

So I have five levels of dissatisfaction:

Amazon app on Samsung TV- no can do.
Amazon app on Roku- yes if you pay.
Plex app on Roku- have access to the film, but refuses to show it.
Plex app on phone- will play but won't cast to TV
Freevee app on phone- will play but won't cast to TV.

Sponsored Links
Back