American F/F Cycling Often

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Samsung American style fridge freezer which we've had about 18 months. We've noticed over the last few months it seems to be buzzing a lot (I think this is the condensing cycle?). It's not the quietest of units (as it's pretty big) so this is both annoying and I'm assuming using more electricity when it's doing this.

I gave it a cursory hoover round the back a few months ago but that didn't make a difference (although I was so nervous about damaging the inside with the back off I didn't do much hoovering!).

My query is what should my course of action be. How often would you expect a fridge freezer to be going through the cycle? We don't leave it open for long periods. I'm happy to call it in under warranty but don't want to be told this is normal and then be charged.

Thanks in advance

(I'm aware of a batch of faulty Samsungs which suffered from internal ice build-up. I've checked that on mine and that isn't an issue (nor is it listed on Samsungs list of models affected))

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back