samsung fridge woes...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
good evening all....
we have a samsung american style f/f
the freezer part is fine but the fridge side is not working..
the display is flashing on the fridge side and the manual says it may be dust. i removed the grill at the back and gave it a good brush and hoover but it is no better..

i am going to phone a service man tomorrow.
my question concerns the operation of this app. with the grill off there appears to be only one compressor, so is it some sort of dual refridgerant circuit?
also do any forum members have an inkling what is up with it?
just curious
:confused: best wishes alan

Sponsored Links
The fridge get's it's cold air from the freezer section, there should be a vent in the top of the fridge part with a flap that allows cold air in when the fridge needs it, also check that the fan is running in the freezer.

cheers for that.
there is a panel in the middle of the fridge,full of grills, got that off...
the business end is in the bottom, it is frozen fast at the bottom so it must be the fan, just waiting for the thing to thaw!

Sponsored Links
hi
yep got the bottom panel off....

it has a separate evaporator in the fridge with a panel over it ..
the panel has the circ fan in it with a duct scolloped out of it leading to evaporator-duct blocked with ice, therefore no air circ...

just defrosting it with a hair dryer now!

cheers for the inspiration!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back