American fridge freezer water supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys/girls

I'm looking to fit my freezer this weekend but not really sure my best method to fit it.

IMG_3082.jpg

Here is the layout the water supply is in the cupboard next to the dish washer and the freezer is around 1.5m away in a straight line. Ignore the mess I have only moved in 3 days ago above the kitchen is a bathroom but that finishes around where the wall is.

More pictures of what around
IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg

The flooring will at some point be replaced by tiles so I was thinking of putting the water line in the flooring perhaps taking a channel out of the concrete?

Any ideas please
The tubing is 1/4" plastics r/o stuff.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Well you have two/three options take supply through the floor or from above.
Is there any cold water outlets in the area above the F/F?

Or you could route supply from D/W through partition wall, upwards and over!

Forgot to mention that each side of the f/f has a door opening.

The only other way I can see is going from the bathroom but I still have to run around a 1.5m ceiling to get to the wall behind the f/f and I'm unsure of which way the joists run?

For a temporary measure, you could pull off the laminate edging trim and fit some quarter round pvc trunking to put the pipe in. Mitre the corners if you can, the clip on style corners just get knocked off on external corners, especially at floor level.

http://www.theplasmacentre.com/wall-brackets/cable-trunking/2d222qso-a.html

That very thin water pipe will flex pretty good without kinking to get it into the corners, I have seen it installed in MT1 trunking before and going round corners (that trunking is only 16mm by 16mm external dimensions).

Gaz :)

Sponsored Links
Forgot to mention that each side of the f/f has a door opening.

The only other way I can see is going from the bathroom but I still have to run around a 1.5m ceiling to get to the wall behind the f/f and I'm unsure of which way the joists run?
The best way is what suits you, the water has to come from somewhere!
I would personally, think it much easier to notch joists or hole if run in plastic, than channel out concrete!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back