amount of adhesive

Sponsored Links
It depends on how true the wall is, how big the tiles are, and how thick a bed you use. If the wall is very bad and you're having to load it up to get a flat surface then 11.55kg isn't going to be enough.

Why not just get another bag and take it back unopened if you don't use it?

It depends on how true the wall is, how big the tiles are, and how thick a bed you use. If the wall is very bad and you're having to load it up to get a flat surface then 11.55kg isn't going to be enough.

theplaces i buy fromdonttake back grout or adhesive. nota prob formyslef but if you dont tile for living a pain in the ass

Sponsored Links
if its the bag and bottle it will cover three sqm with a tipped trowel

In that case it depends on how true the floor is, how big the tiles are, and how thick a bed you use. If the floor is very bad and you're having to load it up to get a flat surface then 11.55kg isn't going to be enough.

I don't beleive in using excess adhesive on bad walls or floors...its a waste of materials and doesn't make a good job imo.

If its a wall then plaster it first - if its a concrete floor, use selfleveling floor compound - if its floorboards, boardover it first.
Adhesive is only meant to stick the tiles on/down not fill up holes, level or skim.

What is the flooring material you want to tile on that makes you want to use 2 part flex?

HI, I am laying them on top of what looks like chipboard and I was advised to use the 2 part flexi stuff. The old ones I have stripped off were layed by a proff tiler and they were just layed on it.

As an adder, is it best to start at the bathroom door with a full tile then lay them to the other end like a jigsaw puzzle cutting the tiles for toilet and basin surrounds then take them away and stick them down towards the door cheers P M

Work from the centre of the room. Laying out methods are detailed in the sticky.
Personally I wouldn't tile onto chipboard using any adhesive and would always either overboard or replace with ply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back