Amplifier for Ceiling Speakers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’ve just moved into a house which has ceiling speakers in 7 rooms. They are currently hooked up to a Russound CAV6.6-S2 system and UNO-S2 controllers. We’re renovating the house and so will be removing the UNO controllers from the walls. The speakers still work fine so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent amplifier which I could connect the ceiling speakers to and then the amplifier to a Sonos Bridge?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

Sponsored Links
Yes I did but I’m now in the house and found out that the 5 lounge speakers are connected to a Denon surround amp separate to the Russound amp so I’m now just looking to replace them both with an amp which can connect all speakers and Sonos Connect.

You need a couple of Elan S86A (about £1000 ea) plus the interface panel and a bunch of IR receivers plus a bunch of dedicated IR remote controls. You'll also need someone to install and programme this lot for you. Ball park is £3,000 - £4,000 unless you go mad with the remotes.

Sponsored Links
Depends what you want to do, you could buy a pair of secondhand power amps of email for not a lot of money and have have a speaker switch. All depends on the budget.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back