amptec boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!!! I have an Amptec 11Kw electric boiler installed, the problem I have is it never turns off unless I isolate at the 45 Amp switch. The pressure is at 1.5Bar, the pump is running, could it be my expansion vessel not set properly?? The boiler stays on even when the room thermostat temperature is reached and even when I put the control panel to off.The wiring has been checked and the system is wired correctly. I'm at my wits end. Any ideas ????

Sponsored Links
Yes I have a 3 port valve fitted and a bypass valve, I've checked the operation of the 3 port valve and it is working when I switch between heating, hot water and a combination of both. The bypass valve is currently set at 4, there is no knocking noise from the system.

A capacitor is required.

If the person who 'checked the wiring' and/or installed it was any good, they would have known this.

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much, I'll get in touch with the guy and politely point this out. Is it a big job to do? and how much will the capacitor cost me, I dont want to get ripped off :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back