Amptec c/h boiler not working

K

kentdude

Hi. I have a 10 year old Amptec model 600 6kw boiler running 3 rads. Today, although the supply, call and heat lights are permanently on there is no heat (call light not flasshing or no alarm led). The pump, which is working, was replaced and the system flushed last year. The stat turns the system on and off.

Apart from the pump the system has been working OK. Before I get a plumber in so I don't get ripped off. could this be either of the 2 PCBs or another replacement part or is a new boiler needed?

Your advise would br gratefully received.

Tony

Sponsored Links
These boilers, especially those of this age, were sadly supplied with what we now know were bad pcb's that fail all too often.

I would suggest a call to Heatrae tech to help diagnosis.

It would also be debatable as to whether it would be best to employ a good sparks for this type of repair :confused:

Cheers Dave.

I suspected as much and I''ll take your advice on using a sparks as this does come under electrics rather than plumbing!

Thanks Tony

Sponsored Links
A tip for you Tony, I have replaced a couple of these units recently, they where the 600 models, they must be flushed properly, check the rads for cold spots, if you find any, needs flushing again.

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back