Amstrad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just been tidying out my "Guarantees & Instructions" folder, chucking out all historic stuff.

The following is a bill for the (then) cheapest video & 14" TV. They're no longer with me, but they are still working today. The vid was an Amstrad 4600 & the TV a Goodmans. Total cost £461.25...incl. some batteries!

Anybody got any similar stories of longevity from cheap goods?

AMSTRADBILL.jpg

Sponsored Links
Cheap? How many weeks pay was that?

My wife. Still going strong after 21 years of ownership and she hardly costs anything to maintain. Gotta go....she's coming over.

We have an old Saisho telly...still going well after 25 years...just goes to show sometimes doesnt it.

Sponsored Links
A family member still has my first ever pc - An Amstrad PC1512 (COLOUR monitor !!!) , upgraded to a whopping 640K memory. No idea how much I paid for it though.

Just replaced a 14 year old Ariston washing machine.

It was still working (just) but very slow to start which sounded like the programmer was on the way out. Probably VERY inefficient by today's standards on energy and water consumption.

Still have a 15 year old Hitachi TV. Had it repaired last year. The Engineer said the difference between that and modern TV's was he could still get parts and fix mine, whereas the modern one just went in the skip.

What happened to the Green Recyle World we are told about?

Confused from Cornwall

A family member still has my first ever pc - An Amstrad PC1512

The first computer I used at school was an Apple II in 1979.

At home the first I had was a Sinclair Zx81.

I started word processing on an Amstrad 9512! Locoscript & all that!

It had at least one advantage over PC's. When cutting/pasting text, you could store more than one chunk of text. Handy for me, anyhow!

A family member still has my first ever pc - An Amstrad PC1512

The first computer I used at school was an Apple II in 1979.

At home the first I had was a Sinclair Zx81.

I started word processing on an Amstrad 9512! Locoscript & all that!

It had at least one advantage over PC's. When cutting/pasting text, you could store more than one chunk of text. Handy for me, anyhow!

wow memories eh! the sinclair Zx81!! cool as he he

i loved the spectrum 48k and the commodore 64 both excellent computers. sorry for adding to this i know its not helpful to the question but a good memory!

Now we're on one.........

Did anybody ever use the BBC Micro PC (I believe there was an A and B version) My mates dad was a teacher and he used to bring it home during the school holidays :D

I had a Commodore VIC20, always wanted a 64 :( (They also did a 16K one as well!!)

My mate across the road had an Amstrad CPC464, I was jealous and another had a Zx Spectrum..... :( :(

Research Machines ??, ZX80, ZX81, Dragon 32, Commodore PET, Atari's
but the BBC Model B's was in a different leaque, mines coming out the cupboard for Christmas.

Remember Rocket Raid, Defender and Chuckie Egg :D

Sponsored Links
Back