Amtico High Temp Adhesive Spec Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have a room with a concrete floor and one edge of the floor had a channel about 2" deep chiseled in to it to feed pipped for a new radiator. The pipes were wrapped before concreted over again however that area of flooring still gets fairly hot due to the boiler pumping 65c of water through them. Am I correct in thinking that Amtico HT Adhesive should cope with this heat under the tiles and as long as the tiles are not too tight they should stay put.

I can't find any info about what kind of heat the adhesive copes with only that it should be left to set for 48hrs.

Also if it can't cope with that heat is there any other options, even maybe superglue as a last resort ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response. So if the right adhesive is used then even though the heat from the pipes under the floor and also where they come out of the floor to go up to the rad is a fair bit higher than normal underfloor heating the tiles should stay put ? Amtico mention discolouration also so I suppose I have to be aware of that.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back