An alarm with a fob.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an old existing customer that wants a fob operated alarm as she has eye problems due to a bleed in the brain. I quoted her over the phone for a Texecom R8 (before she said about the fob). It's not a massive earner at £350 - so my question is: Is there a panel with a fob in similar price range to the R8 that she can use with a fob but the rest of the family can use the keypad? Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the Cascade Avanti, comes with LCD keypad as well as a fob for about £50 +vat.

Castle Caretech do a Euro mini prox 10 eol or 9 double pole cost about £60 easy to programm and nice keypad (blue lcd display) This can be programmed for "simple set" where it starts to set the night setting on producing the fob then if you open the final door it changes to full set. Very handy for your case where there wants to be no need to press any buttons.

Hope this helps

Thanks guys that's very handy to know.

Oh and before I forget. Never used fobs before so would I need to programme them or do they come programmed to that individually boxed panel?

Sponsored Links
When programming the user code there is an option to add a fob, you just then offer the fob to the keypad and it learns the code. (Euro system) But will be similar for other controls.

Cheers. I'm just way out of date.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back