An Insult to the Electorate? Or a Stooge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is the replacment of a disgraced MP, with his partner, a metaphorical kick in the teeth for the electorate. Or an attempt to field a stooge, that would be 'guided' by her partner, the disgraced MP?
The partner of ex-Conservative MP Peter Bone, Helen Harrison, has been selected to replace him as the Tory candidate in the Wellingborough by-election.

13% of the electorate voted for a by-election. I bet they weren't expecting the Tories to field his partner, who's been his assistant for the last 6 years, as potentially the next MP. :rolleyes:

"I am delighted to have been selected as the candidate for Wellingborough," Ms Harrison said. "As the local candidate, I am best suited to deliver for the people of Wellingborough, having already done so on a local authority level."
She forgot to include, "with my disgraced MP partner by my side, who I have served as his assistant for 6 years" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Are they compulsed to vote for her or can they vote for someone else? Bit of a non-story here from Jim as usual.

Peter Bone first won the Wellingborough seat in 2005 with a 600 majority, so it hasn’t been a Tory safe seat for many decades

in 2019 he won an 18,000 majority.

be interesting to see what happens, I think it might be tough for Labour to convert.

the constituency voted leave by 64%, so is full of nutters

Are they compulsed to vote for her or can they vote for someone else? Bit of a non-story here from Jim as usual.
Yes. But are your standards that low?

If it was in your constituency you would vote for her because of the blue rosette

Sponsored Links
Peter Bone first won the Wellingborough seat in 2005 with a 600 majority, so it hasn’t been a Tory safe seat for many decades

in 2019 he won an 18,000 majority.

be interesting to see what happens, I think it might be tough for Labour to convert.

the constituency voted leave by 64%, so is full of nutters
I bet he doesn't get anywhere near those numbers this year.
The 'Red Wall' is crumbling. Boris has retreated to his moated manor and the Reform party are a rudderless rabble.

The 'Red Wall' is crumbling. Boris has retreated to his moated manor and the Reform party are a rudderless rabble.

Punch people down, keep punching people down, offer them false hope of Brexit- they see an end to their misery, keep punching people down.

So why do the public still vote Tory after their mindless wrecking of the country.

Simple - the public have to get their news from somewhere so look at their sources of news - they are all predominantly pro Tory.

Everyone should read Orwell 1984 annually.

In our two party system how often have you heard the retort of disgruntled Tory voters justifying their vote - they are all the same, tell me how would Labour be better?

The lie has totallt consumed them to the point they think they can never escpae from this reality.

And the system keeps getting worse for them.

the 3 big factors that led to the GE election result of 2019 have gone, they were:

1) people fearful of Corbyn
2) lending votes to get Brexit done
3) Boris Johnson a character that stood out

but Labour need a bigger swing than 97 to get over the line and Starmer isn’t a crowd puller, it could be a hung parliament

but Labour need a bigger swing than 97 to get over the line and Starmer isn’t a crowd puller, it could be a hung parliament
It could be - and they certainly should be - but i don't think it will be.
A lot can happen before the election but an outbreak of Tory competence is one step beyond them.

He might think they will vote for her as a proxy “two fingers” to the mp’s that caused the recall, or maybe he wants to maximise the tory defeat. Or both options, pretty sure central office could overrule if they wished.

He might think they will vote for her as a proxy “two fingers” to the mp’s that caused the recall, or maybe he wants to maximise the tory defeat. Or both options, pretty sure central office could overrule if they wished.

Maybe they think it will work, it did in Dover where Natalie Elphicke succeeded her husband Charlie as MP for Dover & Deal after he was put inside for sex crimes

but an outbreak of Tory competence is one step beyond them
yeah I don’t think the public is buying the message anymore:

“vote for us, things will be great next time, we know we told you that last time and the time before that and the time before that and it was sh1t, but trust us one more time”

I see snoopy is still intent on snooping.
If there was a political party called vendetta, snoopy would be PM. (prime mover)

Sponsored Links
Back