ANALOGUE RF OUTPUT TO SCART INPUT OR HDMI INPUT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME I HAVE A VHS DVD RECORDER THAT OUTPUTS THE TUNER CHANNELS MENUS AND DVD/VHS AND SETTINGS MENUS OUTPUT TO A RF OUTPUT THE SCART ON IT ONLY RF OF A FREEVIEW BOX FIRST TUNED IN CHANNEL SET TO THEFIRST CHANNEL INPUT SO IT DISPLAYS THE FREEVIEW CHANNELS BUT ITS CANNOT OUTPUT ANYTHING BUT A RF SIGNAL WHICH MY HDMI HIGH DEF TV DOES NOT HAVE AN ANALOGUE TUNER

IS THERE A WAY FOR A CONVERTER TO COVERT ANALOGUE ARIEL RF OUTPUT TO SCART OR HDMI INPUT

ANY REPLIES WILL BE GREATFULLY APPRECIATED

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the forum, Timothy.

I think the answer to your quest is an analogue TV tuner, but my guess is you're going to have a bit of a tough time finding one. Depending where someone lived, analogue has been switched off in the UK for 7 to 12 years. There are plenty of inexpensive digital TV tuners for sale, but I haven't seen any analogue ones for a long time.

Your post was hard to read. Try to use sentences. Also, typing with Caps Lock set to On is something we don't do in forums. It's the internet equivalent of shouting at someone right in their face. It's very rude. Please don't do it on your next post, thanks.

You sure there's no output from the SCART ports on the VCR? Some machines had 2 SCART ports, one was in only, (on mine marked decoder), the other was marked TV. Some SCART leads are only 1 way as well.

Welcome to the forum, Timothy.

I think the answer to your quest is an analogue TV tuner, but my guess is you're going to have a bit of a tough time finding one. Depending where someone lived, analogue has been switched off in the UK for 7 to 12 years. There are plenty of inexpensive digital TV tuners for sale, but I haven't seen any analogue ones for a long time.

Your post was hard to read. Try to use sentences. Also, typing with Caps Lock set to On is something we don't do in forums. It's the internet equivalent of shouting at someone right in their face. It's very rude. Please don't do it on your next post, thanks.

Also note Ariel is washing powder not a radio/TV receiving device.

Are you absolutely sure your TV has no analogue reception capabilities? Not seen a TV without yet except odd pocket ones. What is the make and model number?

Sponsored Links
Quite likely the TV has got an analogue tuner but the VCR/DVD device was not connected and/or powered on when the TV first setup. It may be easy to add an analogue tuner scan or need a 'factory/shipping condition reset' to start gain (with the VCR on this time).

I know my recentish Panny TV effectively hides/disables the analogue tuner when 'no signal found', but I could enable it from the menus... but can't recall how off the top of my head.

:idea:If all else fails read the manual. Or search the internet for the answer.:sneaky:

Get yourself an old VCR, or DVD recorder. They do it.

Nozzle

Given that what you want will cost circa £100 then its cheaper to get yourself a new DVD recorder (or is it a player you need?)
And after that maybe you will have change for a new computer keyboard too :)

Like the rest of you here, I suspect that the likely reason Timothy is having issues is simply a set up thing. However, it's not going to be easy to help him until his posts are written in properly-formed coherent sentences, and there's some model numbers thrown in.

We could all expend quite a bit of energy speculating and writing about potential solutions, and you're all free to do as you please of course. I'm not going to bother though until perhaps we next hear from Timothy. He has one post to his name, and since posting, we haven't seen him return so far.

Hi...It's pretty rare for a VCR to have NO AV outputs on it of any type. Are you sure it has absolutely nothing else, aside from RF? Make, model, or photo of the back might reveal something.

The route JayCee suggests will work if your recorder has an analogue tuner, but would not offer results as good* as using an AV connection of some sort.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back