Anchoring shed to paving slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a plastic shed on top of concrete council slabs and I need to anchor it to the ground. It has anchor points along the floor where you are supposed to drill.

I'm thinking of getting some shield anchors for this job, probably these: https://www.screwfix.com/p/easyfix-shield-anchors-m6-x-70mm-5-pack/4516g

Does that sound like a good idea to you guys?

Is there a risk that I'll split the slabs with these? I would need to drill quite close to the edge of the slabs (10-15cm).

Anything else I should consider? I heard of people just using a standard 7mm rawl plug with a smaller bolt but I figured I might as well invest the 3 quid to do it properly.

Sponsored Links
That's what I was planning to do as a stopgap! You think it's not worth bothering with the anchors?

Sponsored Links
I am building a plastic shed on top of concrete council slabs and I need to anchor it to the ground. It has anchor points along the floor where you are supposed to drill.

I'm thinking of getting some shield anchors for this job, probably these: https://www.screwfix.com/p/easyfix-shield-anchors-m6-x-70mm-5-pack/4516g

Does that sound like a good idea to you guys?

Is there a risk that I'll split the slabs with these? I would need to drill quite close to the edge of the slabs (10-15cm).

Anything else I should consider? I heard of people just using a standard 7mm rawl plug with a smaller bolt but I figured I might as well invest the 3 quid to do it properly.
On my old allotment plot, I inherited a 7x4 tin shed with sliding doors. It had no floor and according to others over the site, it kept blowing over in the wind. It was placed on top of council paving stones and to stop it blowing over, it was fixed down with just screws and rawl plugs. Plenty good enough.

D657F79F-EBB7-417E-8116-57343E0835BB.jpeg

10-15cm from the edge is 4"-6" away. Quite safe to drill at that distance for 6mm anchors. (Unless you meant 10-15mm and not cm).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back