Ancient Roman plays.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This was on the BBC website, I don't know how true it is but...wow

In Ancient Roman plays, if a character had to die, actors were replaced by convicted rapists or murderers who were then killed on stage.

Could you imagine how packed the theatres would be today if we did that?
What realism. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Looking at the title of this thread, I thought it was a dedication to Berlusconi :LOL:

On the subject matter though, it seems a sensible solution in so many ways. Although the ex-president of the IMF might disagree :evil:

....not so sure about that sooey, it's always a bit reassuring that you know the blood is fake.

...it probably is true...they did throw people to the lions after all !

Well I'd be in the queue for me ticket., and I bet it would be a pretty long wait.

Sponsored Links
There are certainly some very evil people in this world who would deserve such a fate.

There certainly are, and when we've run out of rapists and murderers we can "kill all the lawyers" as Shakespeare himself once put it. :LOL:

Oh dear...I do believe you're trying to wind me up. This should be fun, what was it Dennis Healey said about being attacked by Geoffrey Howe. :LOL: :LOL:

Oh dear...I do believe you're trying to wind me up. This should be fun, what was it Dennis Healey said about being attacked by Geoffrey Howe. :LOL: :LOL:

2395961.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back