And they want us to use electric cars, but 9,000 with no power!

Being fair this upload_2021-11-30_16-36-27.png will take some sorting, we can't really blame the supply companies, it takes time to repair things like shown. But now looking at 4 days, and clearly any of those effected will have lost their freezer contents, and the councils will need to respond with issuing of food waste bags to process all this spoiled food, don't really want it to end up in general waste.

I have been lucky, lights flickered but did not fail.

But we need to consider how we rely on electric, although I have a tank full of oil, no electric means I can't use it, in my case I have a wood burner, and some wood, although would need a lot of effort to manually saw it into usable lumps.

However could drive down to local coal supply and bring back a few bags.

The EV mania seems to be placing all eggs in one basket, and this storm has proved all electric is not the way forward.

Sponsored Links
But we need to consider how we rely on electric, although I have a tank full of oil, no electric means I can't use it, in my case I have a wood burner, and some wood, although would need a lot of effort to manually saw it into usable lumps.

The storm completely missed us, apart from the snow and cold, there were no high winds at all. We are reasonably well organised for emergencies, mains gas fire, which runs without power, a fan heater, IR electric heater, a stand alone portable bottle gas heater, small one ring cartridge gas stove and a bottled gas BBQ. If that is not enough, the caravan is in the drive, with a full tank of bottled gas, enough to keep us warm and cooking for a week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back