And you wonder why I'm having problems with English?

Sponsored Links
I know what you mean, but that's against my principle I'm afraid. Most people like him then think they have won (whatever it is they want to win).
:cool: :cool:

do i detect you are a bit stubborn woodyoulike ? :D I am anyway,i always like to get the last word in, but even i'm gonna give up on this one. Even though it pains me to do so :evil:

Sponsored Links
I am stubborn, yes (Capricorn, female etc) but I will stick with it. There are already too many dominating 'children' around, so NIMBY:cool:

Slogger said:
so is it XXXXXXX to
to hijack other posts, interfering with other posts to get YOUR point of view accros and not taking NO from others who complain about you hijacking posts, not about you getting your posts blocked.

Get a grip

Slogger
Please go and tell any number of news agencies or tv programs, but please leave it off a diy forum. Not really the place for sensationalist stories is it?
Winding people up is hardly the way to get sympathy let alone interest in your particular story. So please try somewhere else.

WoodYouLike said:
Most people like him then think they have won (whatever it is they want to win).
:cool: :cool:
Why on earth do you care what someone like Slogger thinks? His opinions are of no importance whatsoever.

Anyway - to get back to the original subject, some of those things you quoted were Americanisms, so you can't blame us for them.

And here's an interesting one for you - nothing to do with pronunciation, but still a good example of more "English-isms"..

This pudding is a trifle tart.

Or the one where the phrase "out of sight out of mind" was translated into Chinese by an English - Chinese interpreter and then back into English by another Chinese - English interpreter, the resulting phrase that came back was "invisible idiot" !!

Probably an urban myth, but I so want it to be true!!

ban-all-sheds said:
Anyway - to get back to the original subject, some of those things you quoted were Americanisms, so you can't blame us for them.
Can you imagine the problems I have ! You know the difference, I don't :LOL: :LOL: (and it's much easier to blame you, don't know that many Americans, except mdl of course, but can't start blaming her, can I?)

Sponsored Links
Back