Anderton 3 in 1 Damp Lining paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has any one used this before on their walls? We have a bit of damp coming through on our kitchen wall and despite the wall having been treated, the damp is staining the wall paper.

Apparently this 3 in 1 lining paper can help, but my concern is that the damp will need to go somewhere, and would still affect any new wall paper that went over the 3 in 1 lining

Anyone used it before / recommend it

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi ,you say that you had the damp treated, what was done and how long ago, If you mean DPC injection and replastering damp treatment then any redecoration should be treated as temporary for at least 12 months,If the wall was treated with some sort of tanking or waterproof mixture then this Anderton paper applied I fail to see how the wall could breathe to let retained moisture out, probably compounding your problem.Personally I've never heard of this 3in 1 Anderton paper but if it's similar to foil backed I would avoid it.

We had DPC injection and also vandex treatment on the walls. The plaster we used had some waterproof mixture added (can't remember exactly what it was that was mixed in). This was all over 12 months ago.

The anderton paper is foil backed, it has 3 layers of stuff, one which included the foil. Apparently once it's on the wall it should stop damp coming through any lining or wall paper you put up

Hi JB,
Sorry for delay, if youve had DPC injection/re-plastering etc you should also have a 20 or 30 year guarantee issued by the firm that did the work.Did they do all the works or did someone inject your walls and another firm do the plastering as a matter of interest?Either way it's not right so get them back to sort it.

Sponsored Links
One firm did the vandex (which went on the wall under the plaster) and the same firm did injection. A different firm did the plastering, and used a waterproof mix when i mentioned the issues with damp.

I think the problem is the age of the property, built in around 1850, all the houses in the row we live in have damp of some sort. I'm not sure getting them back in to do the work again would make a difference, i was present when they did everything and they explained what they were doing at each stage so i dont think it's down to a botched job.

I think we'll try this 3 in 1 stuff, and I'll post again in a few months and let people know how it goes

thanks for the advice so far!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back