Angle of lead slate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The diagram below shows a 5:12 roof pitch. From this, I've calculated the angles and included them, they are, 67.4° and 22.6°.

A soil pipe will project out through the kitchen roof, after having being brought from the 1st floor bathroom toilet and immediately through the bathroom wall which locates it within the ground floor kitchen roofspace.

I therefore require a lead slate (in grey on diagram) produced with a specific angle (in blue). This angle is between the lead slate and the attached lead pipe.

For the angle, I was thinking of 22.6° - 2.5° = 20°.

What do you think?

o8i5jc.jpg

Sponsored Links
Does it have to be lead? A Macflash RS1 has a lot of play in it and doesn't have to be exact.

Does it have to be lead? A Macflash RS1 has a lot of play in it and doesn't have to be exact.
I had thought that since traditionally a lead slate is used for such purposes, that perhaps the type of product you refer to is more a temporary fix. Perhaps I am incorrect?

Would the rubber seal which is positioned exactly vertically straight up from the base be able to bend down by 70 degrees from the vertical, that is, 20 degrees from the horizontal base plate?

Not temporary at all but finding a 70° one might be an issue.

Sponsored Links
Not temporary at all but finding a 70° one might be an issue.
It is possible to have angled lead slates produced on a one-off basis, so I could probably have one made specially.

Just make sure you give them an explicit drawing showing how you want the angles arranged. It took my stove installer 3 goes before the lead flashing maker got the angles correct (even with a drawing) And before anyone asks -- no, the flue did not come out at a shallow angle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back