Angled concrete fence posts.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking into moving our existing fencing (subject to planning), to extend into our side garden which is beyond the current fence and am faced with how to angle the fencing.

We have a plot of land to the side, which we have previously extended into, but folowing some building work, would like to reclaim some more of this into the back garden.

For aesthetic reasons, I need to either fit a 90 degree "bend" at the start or a more pleasing 45 degree "bend". Is it possible to start the fencing with a 45, i.e. is it easy to perform using concrete posts as most seem to be 90 deggree or joining posts?

Hopefully this makes sense!

Sponsored Links
If your fencing supplier can't help to provide a post set at 45* which may be the case, I've never seen one myself but then I'm not a fencing erecter, it's always possible to set two posts in the same hole tight to each other to give you whatever angle you want.

For aesthetic reasons, I need to either fit a 90 degree "bend" at the start or a more pleasing 45 degree "bend". Is it possible to start the fencing with a 45, i.e. is it easy to perform using concrete posts as most seem to be 90 deggree or joining posts?
Have done, got away with my concrete gravel board, if not trim it slightly with an angle grinder and fence panel, make an angle fillet screw to the panel edge

As Masona said, use a length of arris rail cut to length of the post and bolted through. Might want to rip off the first inch off the acute angles on the rail, as being thin, they might get damaged if knocked.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the eplies; was hoping for a 45 degree concrete post but as I thought.
Regarding Arris rail, this would have to be fitted to a wall, to allow a panel to be fixed to it at 45 degrees, not sure how chunky they would be to support having a panel fitted to that, Are they substatially made>

Start with the concrete post first then trim the arris rail screw to the fence panel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back