Angled stud wall construction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am renovating part of our bungalow, and I am dividing one large room into two, with a new stud wall which is neither parallel or perpendicular to the roof trusses.
The easiest way for me to do this is to plasterboard the whole ceiling first, then fit the stud wall top plate up to the underside of the plasterboard. Is this acceptable practice?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
This is normal pactice, but before plaster boarding, fit 50x100 noggins betwen ceiling joists for fixings of top plate.
oldun

Ah well......
I've actually already boarded, and I'm going to fix the top plate through into each truss.

I did fit noggins (little ones, so as to not cut out too much of the insulation) as I was fitting all the kingspan insulation, to catch the edges of the plasterboard, but I don't think these correspond with where the stud wall will be.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
should be fine just fix to as many trusses as you can

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back