Anglian handle turns 360! Help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Anglian uPVC door that is about 12 years old i believe.
It is a door that has the three locking bars once the handle is pulled up.
The problem i have is that the handle on the outside turns all the way round and only sometimes engages the 3 locking bars!
From the inside it seems to work fine. I'm guessing that something has just come apart inside.

Is it easy to take apart to have a look and put back together again? Going to ring Anglian tomorrow but i doubt very much i can afford a call out on it. Have already had the mechanism replaced a few years ago under the warranty but it has run out now!

Need to get this fixed asap as wife with baby find it awkward to come round the back and i dont want to use the front door while its like this!

Any advice please. Appreciated.

Matt

Sponsored Links
just remove the 2 screws holding the handles on, unless these have failed though theres not much to see behind them, simple job with nothing that will go wrong

Thanks for the reply.

So what are the possibilities for what has gone wrong with my door? Can something have just come loose in the main mechanism (in the center of the door) can i get to this easily?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back