Annoyed with carpet fitter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a carpet fitted thoughout most of the house today, got 11mm cloud 9 underlay to go aswell.

Was quite annoyed when I witnessed the carpet fitter using only a bolster to attach the carpet this has left the carpet a little wavy and not under any tension. He said it would settle, i'm sure it will but I think it shouldn't drag under your feet and may affect longevity.
I had words with him and told him to come back with a knee kicker and finish the job properly or is a carpet strecther neccesary aswell- i dont know :?:

Questins, What should I be telling him to do, he seems abit clueless and is a kicker used on the stairs too Its a felt back carpet secured with grippers.

I just want to know what he 'should' be doing to achieve a good job.

Vexed, its not as if I paid bodge money, expected quality and thought I paid for it too :rolleyes: though not all yet ;)

Sponsored Links
The carpet should be stretched using a knee kicker or power stretcher onto gripper around the edge of the room.

I cannot think why a fitter would turn up to fit a stretch fit carpet and not have the most basic of tools. Is it possible the carpet is a felt back and not a hessian backed carpet? Its possible to fit felt backs without stretching BUT most fitters would use a knee kicker to fit everything properly

Did the fitter definately not stretch the carpet? (if the carpet was bent during transit, some folds can take a while to fall out even when fitted under tension)

If the fitter did not stretch the carpet, DO NOT INVITE THEM BACK INTO YOUR HOME! They clearly are not a profesional carpet fitter.

Where did you get the carpet & fitter?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back