Annoying IE windows from Ebay mails

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
If I get a mail from fleabay, which tells me about several new items for sale, I can click on one of the item links in Outlook Express , and it will open a new IE window with that item listing.

If I click on another link in the same email, it opens another new window with that other item.

Each new window opening hogs the CPU nearly 100% for quite a few seconds until the window has opened.

I don't like it opening lots of new windows. Some other emails with multiple links will open each link in the same window.

Is this done by any setting I can change?

Sponsored Links
Depending on your IE version - you can change it to open in new TABS instead -

Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

Click the General tab, and then, under Tabs, click Settings.

In the Tabbed Browsing Settings - select open links in new tab

Or there is another setting to open links in same window...

Sponsored Links
IE 6:
Click Tools – Internet Options
Click Advanced and uncheck “Reuse Windows for launching shortcuts” under “Browsing”
Click Apply/Ok.. close window and test.

Just had to test on a comp running ie6 at work...

i dont think IE8 has the capability of using same windows from links without the tabbed options..

Maybe Google Chrome/Apple Safari may? Firefox i use all the time, so my IE knowledge is a little rusty...

Strangely, I had IE reinstalled and set to defaults, and the problem went away (I have turned Tabs back off and changed the other settings back to suit my tastes)

It was done by remote access by Norton (free), as my Norton Toolbar had also disappeared which might or might not have been connected with whatever the problem was. I have always found Norton very helpful as long as my subscription is up to date.

Sponsored Links
Back