Another Armoured Cable Qestion

NIC tech manual shows that if you supply out building the earth you provide has to be main bonding conductor and CPC combined

the calc i did above does give the equivalent steel CSA to copper, right ?

a cable manufacturer said that you have to multiply the required csa of copper by 7.5 .... which sounds quite strange to me, surely steel isnt 7 times less conductive ? 10mm copper would mean you need 75mm steel :(

Sponsored Links
From what I remember it is the K1/K2 value which you need to multiply to give the required CSA equivalent of the copper conductor i.e. see table 54G. I'll have to have a look at Guidance Notes 5 & 8 and get back to you on sizing.

GN8 "Where a circuit protective conductor also acts as a bonding conductor the requirements for both functions will have to be met. In other words, as well as meeting the requirements of regulation group 543-01 for a CPC, the requirements of regulation 547-02-01 also have to be met."

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back