another baxi combi 80 instant whining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have the above boiler in a flat i let & the tennant complained about whining noises.
i've had a listen & it happens after a hot water draw-off. goes on for about 2 mins & then peters out slowly. the fan is fine as is the pump. magnaclean fitted & a recent boiler off the wall to replace that stupid exp vessell / h/w store.
listening with a screwdriver it seems to be coming from the diverter valve front diaphragm section.

any thoughts ?

& before you ask, it doesn't whine as much as my wife does.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You're giving advice in one post about resetting overheats and asking for help in this post?. Strange, if I may say so :confused:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a modification has been made to the o-rings on the differential valve and diverter, i norm replace both

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You're giving advice in one post about resetting overheats and asking for help in this post?. Strange, if I may say so :confused:
i am a gas safe engineer with 21 years experience but i am not the oracle & if i need help i ask. is that strange ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you give any further info. Eg. The condition if the system water. Did you fit the magnetic filter after you noticed issues with the system. It may be that there may be slight blockage in the divertor valve or heat exchanger and very hard to diagnose without knowing that you've ruled out the other components

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bapagas have a look at the dates on the posts your replying to.

Sponsored Links