Another Combi Drill Thread - please help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening All,

I'm having a combi drill dilemma and I could really use your help.

I'm a home user, but expect to be getting a fair bit of use out of my drill, so thought I better replace the old nicad jcb one I have with a li-ion beast.

Anyway, I was initially looking at a dewalt one at screwfix for £150, but that has been scrapped, as for a little bit more I can get 'better drills'... I've narrowed it down to 3 and I'm stuck.

AEGBSB18CL 2 x 1.5ah

MmetaboSB 18 LTX Cordless Power Drill

Milwaukee C18PD-202C 18v Combi Hammer Drill Kit 2 x 2.0Ah Li-Ion

I've done a fair bit of digging, but I'm still stuck on a decision.

ideally I'd like 2 batts of between 1.5 and 2.0 ah as I tried a 3ah C18 and it was fairly heavy, which is no good as the misses might need to use it :LOL:

I really like the AEG, but I also like the Milwaukee - I read that they are almost the same anyway? Owned by TTI.

The Metabo is a brilliant drill, but I've read bad things about their warrant scheme - Metabo trying to avoid repairs etc - anybody had any experience?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
i bought a ryobi twin pack around 3 months ago for £130 with some online searching, decent enough diy drills with lith ion batteries.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back