Another condensation question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a concrete house that has no cavity, and i get slight condensation on one outside wall, but on this wall i have sliding doors with clothes hanging space behind, i try to keep the sliding doors open as much as possible to let the air circulate, and always sleep with the window on vent but i still get condensation...
Now here is my question, if i buy a very small oil filled radiator and place it behind the sliding doors, and leave it switched on very low, will that stop the condensation, or will it make it worse.?

Sponsored Links
Air circulation is what you need, so ideally keep those doors open.
Would it be possible to line the inside of the wardrobe with some slab insulation, just to keep that surface warmer?
John :)

Air circulation is what you need, so ideally keep those doors open.
Would it be possible to line the inside of the wardrobe with some slab insulation, just to keep that surface warmer?
Yeah, that is what i should have done before John, but it is all finished now and i dont want to take it all down, the shelving would have to come down, and perhaps move the doors forward to allow for making it smaller, i was thinking that a constant heat behind the doors would save me the effort of taking it all down

Hmmm thats a bit of a bummer!
The trouble is, warm air can hold loads of moisture, so you really dont want a cold surface anywhere for it to condense on to.....clothes will smell foisty after a while.
I actually used a pink (!) slab insulation from Wickes...its called Space board Eco Insulation, and its more presentable than Celotex or Kingspan which is really meant not to be seen.
Maybe a foil back thermal insulation would help....better than nowt and it is thin.

Sponsored Links
Hmmm thats a bit of a bummer!
The trouble is, warm air can hold loads of moisture, so you really dont want a cold surface anywhere for it to condense on to.....clothes will smell foisty after a while.
I actually used a pink (!) slab insulation from Wickes...its called Space board Eco Insulation, and its more presentable than Celotex or Kingspan which is really meant not to be seen.
Maybe a foil back thermal insulation would help....better than nowt and it is thin.
Thanks John, i will look at that, perhaps cut pieces out and fit in between all the shelving

Drilled a couple of 50 mm vents thru to exterior to cure a friends wardrobe damp problem. You would need a core drill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back