Another drill question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is a laboured subject BUT ...... i am looking to board out my loft and then do some decking which both involve lots of screwing :LOL: .
I have been looking at these two drills ...
Ryobi LDC 14022 14.4 V and the bosch GSB 14.4v combi ,
Which would anyone recomend or is it just best to go with the one that has the best Nm for torque , cheers for any input Mark

Sponsored Links
I have the Ryobi 18V drill and it is very good. Bosch stuff also seem to be very highly regarded. Whats the difference in cost and features?

The Bosch is a professional tool. If the Bosch is affordable (.. and it is from Screwfix right now), take it over the Ryobi.

Thanks for replies , the bosch is £ 99 at screwfix and the cheapest i can find the ryobi is £ 119 so the maths says go for the bosch i guess .

Sponsored Links
for decking would suggest an impact driver at 14.4v or at least a 18v drill but impact is the best kiddy

in general ryobi aeg and dewalt are forward and backward compatable as in the tools fit all batteries old and new and the batteries fit all tools old and new

where as your bosch will last as long as the batteries then you throw the tool away as they are old stock

Thanks big-all , are the impact drills for these purposes a lot dearer .
And what would you recommend in 18 volt ? thanks again .

Yep, let's choose inferior tools because of battery compatibility. It's like using Windows, I mean really, who does tha- Oh. Yeah. :rolleyes:

For decking, no drill at that price point will have enough batteries to keep going for long.

Yep, let's choose inferior tools because of battery compatibility. It's like using Windows, I mean really, who does tha- Oh. Yeah. :rolleyes:

For decking, no drill at that price point will have enough batteries to keep going for long.
the man is diy so ryobi is more usefull for his needs

the man is diy so ryobi is more usefull for his needs

Is it? As a DIYer I'd take that Bosch over any tool in Ryobi's catalogue.

Thanks big-all , are the impact drills for these purposes a lot dearer .
And what would you recommend in 18 volt ? thanks again .

impact drills will only do heavy screwing which is what you need for decking framework and the decking its self ideally
i fully agree the bosch is the better tool but over spec for general diy

Is it? As a DIYer I'd take that Bosch over any tool in Ryobi's catalogue.

as a bench joiner i have bosch blue 24v jig saw circular saw chop saw and hammer drill 14.4 drill driver and impact driver 10.8ah all the kit except the tin snips [5 tools]
i also have 6 dewalt 18v

i have around 20 off the ryobi tools and will always recomend the ryobi for diy as they are 40% the cost and up to 80% the capacity off the big boys toys

ryobi tools go on for years with the ability to buy more tools for the batteries and more batteries for the tools
bosch are better quality but a hardly used tool thats only 5- 10 years old with say another 50 year life getschucked as you cant get the batteries or charger

http://uk.ryobitools.eu/specific/formats/index.jsp

Big-all i think i am coming round to the ryobi , do you think if i bought the impact driver with two batteries 2.4 ah it would cover all my screwing requierements or would it pay me to buy a naked drill driver as well .
Also do you know who does good deals on these . cheers for your help
Mark

Big-all i think i am coming round to the ryobi , do you think if i bought the impact driver with two batteries 2.4 ah it would cover all my screwing requierements or would it pay me to buy a naked drill driver as well .
Also do you know who does good deals on these . cheers for your help
Mark

you can usually get a "kit"for around £120 with 2 tools and 2 nicads hammer drill and jigsaw for example then buy an impact
these are quite good
http://www.ryobi-direct.com/acatalog/One_Plus_Kits.html

some ryobi kit is wrongly describe as impact this is an impact driver
http://www.ryobi-direct.com/acatalog/18v__Impact_Driver_BID1801M.html

have a look on e bay there can be some good deals there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back