Another example of how cash strapped councils waste money

COuldn't care less what exciting flavor the council is. I despair of the stupidities in all of them. Why, if they're doing something which NO other council is doing, don't they do a sanity check?

Speed humps though: - stupid everywhere.
Use cameras and local small fines. Works, pays for itself, doesn't add to pollution or break suspension or
ground my Lambo (;)), changeable with school times etc, ambulance/bus friendly etc etc etc

Sponsored Links
A sensible person could be forgiven for thinking that the current state of the roads is a traffic-slowing ruse..........
I drove to a workshop I have on a farm about half an hour away on Tues, I literally had come to stop 3 times because of a major hole and traffic coming in opposite direction. Im talking depths of at least 100mm or more -enough to virtually guarantee rim damage or a burst tyre.

Council is Mid Sussex, hardly poor

Its so bad It makes me think we are in a 3rd world country

All Councils are very guilty of making decisions based on their politics.

To get better services, we all need to contribute more

Sponsored Links
We've been paying a lot more over recent years and services are worse. More tax doesn't necessarily equate to better services.

So you are happy to have rubbish services and things like this always go up.

Devon CC and Exeter CC have decided that a new cycle route is needed, its only going to cost £1.7 million (thats if it doesn't go over budget) Its going to take 52 weeks, all the locals even cyclists say it's not needed, but once again they are not listened to as with the LTN that hardly anyone wants and is causing chaos on other roads, its no wonder these councils have no money left to keep public toilets open etc, as one local cyclist says the money would be better spent on cutting back brambles and maintaining the exixting footpaths and cycle tracks.
What did that new railway line (never finished) cost?

Supposed to be London to Manchester and Leeds.

Now London to Birmingham.

Is Birmingham the "Northern Powerhouse?"

All Councils are very guilty of making decisions based on their politics.

To get better services, we all need to contribute more
Not fully true.

1st sentence yes.

2nd sentence, more money doesnt always mean better services. We only need to look at (recent) history for that

We've been paying a lot more over recent years and services are worse. More tax doesn't necessarily equate to better services.
It’s because councils waste money on everything but what is actually needed.

They are run by plebs.

Nah, I don't buy that. Most of it is caused by lack of funding.
You don’t have to buy it. Most if us can see it

I won’t be drawn into one of your childish arguments today. You closed the Covid thread after gas112 challenged you “again”

Is that not abusing your powers ?

Sponsored Links
Back