Another garden office thread - base advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to put in a 2.5m x 2.5m corner shed as a garden office - http://dunsterhouse.co.uk/corner-log-cabins/2-5m-x-2-5m-coronet-250

The plot I will be putting it on is currently a veg plot (I haven't been giving it the tlc necessary so it's not produced much), and as such will need some work to make it suitable.

As my soil has been dug relatively frequently, is it worth hiring a whacker plate to compact it down? Or will it be ok without it? It had a shed on previously and I double-dug it.

I've read up on Hawklok - does anyone have any experience with this? Is it really just a case of levelling the soil and plonking them on top? Or is it more involved than that in reality?

Or would I be better off using the more traditional paving slab approach? If so, is there a good guide out there for what I need to buy and what I need to do?

Any other comments/advice?

Cheers! :)

Sponsored Links
The paving expert website is a good source of info.

But basically I would advise doing what the building manufacturer specifies - I see they sell an interlocking-plastic-thingummy system.

A lot will depend on your type of soil - where I live you could probably land a jumbo jet on paving slabs just sat on top of the ground - your ground may be less stable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back