Another 'How to hide TV cables' question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife has decided that it was time to buy a new flat screen TV .. so that's what we have done.

She thinks it's a simple matter of sticking up the TV on the wall and that's that.

Currently we have a Virgin box as well as a home cinema DVD box in the stand directly below the old television, probably the same set up as thousands of folk used to have.

She wants the new TV on the wall, directly above the gas fire (used only occasionally). The Virgin cable and power supply (x2 double sockets) are on the left side of the chimney breast.

At this stage, I'm simply going to use trunking to hide the cables. My question is therefore ... where's the best place to buy this, maybe the semi circular type.

At a later date, if we remove the fire, we can think of other options.

Now, I realise it would be quite a job to get all the wires chased in the wall and the idea of a false wall is OK

ps I have just uploaded a picture of my current set up .. I think you have to click on my user name to see the image

Sponsored Links
Look for previous replies to this topic.

You won't ever be able to use the gas fire without risk of damaging the TV.

Best place to buy trunking is a shop that sells it. I think I saw some in B&Q or Wickes. Failing that, try your local electrical wholesaler.

D-Line is the semi-circular trunking. Wholesalers on line and at Screwfix sell it in individual lengths as does B&Q. But B&Q also does the packaged product which comes with a selection of corners, joiners and end caps. You need to weigh up what you need, and the size (diameter) too as there are various sizes as well as lengths. In the end it might work out just as cheap buying locally rather than paying delivery charges for a few lengths.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back