virgin box to wall mounted tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
At present we have a virgin media V box (samsung), connected to our 13ish year old panasonic tv, by a skart lead,...If we were to have a wall mounted TV, obviously this skart lead wont reach, do I use normal co-ax cable between...RF out and the TV?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
No, you use an HDMI lead which is substantially smaller, and means you can watch in HD which you are already paying for.

No, you use an HDMI lead which is substantially smaller, and means you can watch in HD which you are already paying for.
Thanks, but there is no hdmi connection on the back of VM recieving box, only a ethernet and scart sockets, maybe i need a different box from VM?
cheers.

Yes, get a new box from VM. They only offer HD boxes now, yours is evidently a much older model.
The V HD box is the standard one, they also have a Tivo HD which costs more.

Sponsored Links
update: We now have a sony 46" on the wall, it's not new, but works fine, it is still connected to our VM vbox via a scart lead.
As previously mentioned this box must be a basic older version as it has no hdmi ports.
When I switch on the TV, it makes no difference which channel is showing on the V box display, it allways says on the screen for a few seconds,....BBC1 HD no event information,and then goes to the channel on the v box.
Is this anything to do with this basic v box and no hdmi cable ??
Thanks.

Well sort of- the TV fires up, heads for its default channel (via the RF lead), finds it, shows the channel ident then checks the SCART sockets for active inputs, finds one and goes for it. You may be able to change the TV default input in the menu somewhere but I wouldn't bet on it. Best bet (as someone else has already said) get onto Virgin for a new box, the TiVo works really well :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back