wall mounted 46inch lcd..concealing the wiring ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im having an lcd tv mounted on my kitchen/diner back wall and just 1st fixing the electrics + running the hdmi + pf 100 cables to the position..but is there space behind the tv/bracket etc to normally hide your single/double socket and audio visual cables ? rather than having draping leads on show..the tv will prob be a samsung or possibly sony,cheers again guys :)

Sponsored Links
Yes. Loads of space.
I fit CCTV and always find space behind for cables, VGA converters and power.

Template the size of the screen and use the area within to design your outputs, power ECT.

PS, drop a VGA lead in there too, run it to if possible a place where you use your laptop (assume you have one) in the kitchen. Nothing better than a huge computer screen!!!!

yeah cheers alarm..thats a good option as will play alot of music videos through laptop and as you say what better than to have it on a large lcd tv + the exellent sound..i will use my laptop wireless in the kitchen so do i just run this vga lead from the lcd to a 25mm single gang flush box in the kitchen ? does it have moulded ends on etc or what is the procedure for bringing it out of the wall neatly..the run is approx 10 metres + where do you normally buy these from cheers again mate :)

read somewhere that vga lead doesnt transmit/carry sound ? do i need to run a 3.5mm jack cable as well to my laptop position (in kitchen/diner) or is another option altogether just run an hdmi to dvi lead instead of the vga lead ? + seen some reasonably priced hdmi and svga leads on amazon with exellent reveiws ? any need to buy the more expensive ones elsewhere etc ? and finally was going to bury the cables in the wall but decided not to do now as found another route where can run them with access to them if have a problem or need to change them ..cheers again :)

Sponsored Links
also will i need another hdmi lead from living room for the blu ray player(position of blu ray player) to the dining room wall mounted lcd tv ? cheers :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back