Mounting TV

if you have trunking in the wall if you end the trunking with a recess box you can have a brush plate to cover the box and let the cables out. you might have to make a trunking size hole in the side of the recess box as they usually just have holes for conduit

ie like these https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjAmpXKh8fxAhWOY8AKHVfvDdQQFjAAegQIBhAD&url=https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Single-Brush-Face-Plate-White-Plastic/p/204733&usg=AOvVaw3evzHX6cM5ny8nGoDn5oSm

Sponsored Links
so cut the metal section out of the recess box red section in attached?

I know the face plate covers to use, but wondering if there is a more suitable pattress box

Attachments

• IMG_3816.jpg
    IMG_3816.jpg
    874 KB · Views: 79
in that pic and with that box it would be better to cut out the left or right side as you have marked as the bit you have marked has the moveable lug for fixing the face plate to give a bit of play in case the box isnt level. but what you said is basically correct. if you want a recess box then the type pictured is what to use,(other makers are available but as basically the same) you could just use the brush face plate to cover the end of the in wall trunking and not use a back box by just screwing the cover plate straight to the wall with screws and plugs

Last edited:
That sound good idea just to use the plugs and screws I thought screws would have broken the plastic front plate

Sponsored Links
Just cut out the entire bottom piece of the box with a grinder and do the same for the top edge of the bottom box

IMG_3816.jpg
Just cut out the entire bottom piece of the box with a grinder and do the same for the top edge of the bottom box
agreed, which is what the op had suggested but he had marked the box to cut which would have removed the adjustable lug hence why i suggested cutting the side of the pic (and turning the box 90 degrees ie cut away the yellow marked bit

Yup I’ll do that cut another section

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back