Re-route / reverse cable tv connector /cabling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a Virgin Media cable tv connector on one side of interior stud wall (bedroom) but the tv is on the reverse side of the wall with no connector. Temporarily we have run the cable along the bedroom floor and looped around the door to reach the living room tv. We would like to either cut a square hole in the living room wall and reverse the connector so it sits facing the living room or simply cut a small hole the size of the cable and just thread this though back through the wall to connect to the tv. Any suggestions or problems seen with my ideas? Is it as straightforward as I am thinking? I’ve attached a pic of the current cable setup in the bedroom.

Attachments

• CA74975E-0749-4B0D-91AA-6C37F0B44286.jpeg
    CA74975E-0749-4B0D-91AA-6C37F0B44286.jpeg
    252.1 KB · Views: 70
Sponsored Links
You say it's a stud wall. That means it's hollow. Is there anything stopping you taking the wall plate off, removing the backbox, then transferring all that to the room next door?

You'd obviously need to cut a mirror image hole in the other wall, but with the box out you'd have an exact guide to the dimensions required. Finish off the old hole with a backbox and blanking plate.

As Lucid says and you might find there is spare cable in the wall so the socket doesnt have to be straight through from where it is now

PS and thread hijack where can i get some of those angled f connector plates (other than from virgin engineers.......)

Thanks all, I had someone round has sorted it

Sponsored Links
Thanks I know about the MK ones but seeing the pic in the original post got me thinking ( dangerous I know...) about angled f connectors on a euro module to fit a faceplate but yes I think I will stick with my barrel through a drilled hole and right angle adapters. mind you the adapters are handy to get round akward cable routes, this is behind the tv in my house
20230819_132613.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back